Ine Town is called “Venice of Japan”. There are plenty of fun things to do in Ine, which is close to the sea, such as a tour of Funaya District and a tour of Ine Bay. In Ine Town, there are accommodations that you can’t experience anywhere else. This time, we will introduce 3 types of accommodation in Ine that you will want to stay at.
Table of contents
Okuine Onsen Inn
Ine Town has Okuine Onsen, which was selected as one of the 100 best hot springs in western Japan. After sightseeing in Ine, how about spending the night at Okuine Onsen to soothe away the fatigue of your trip?
Tango Okuine Onsen, which was successfully excavated in 1994, gushes out from directly below the Aburaya Honkan. It is a hot spring of beautiful skin that makes your skin smooth with a natural sodium-bicarbonate hot spring. You can spend a blissful time while gazing at the horizon of the Sea of Japan that spreads beyond the open-air bath.
The cuisine is centered on fresh seafood caught in Ine Bay. You can enjoy the most delicious seasonal seafood at that time. You can choose from two types of rooms: a Japanese-style room and a Japanese-style room with a bed. Wireless LAN is available in all rooms, so it is convenient when you want to use a computer or smartphone.
- Address：570 Tsumo, Ine-cho, Yosa-gun, Kyoto Prefecture
- Access：50 minutes by bus from Amanohashidate Station on the Kyoto Tango Railway (Pick-up available to Ine bus stop, free shuttle bus departing from Amanohashidate Station at 14:40 and at 10:00 the next morning [advanced reservation required])
- Official HP：https://www.ine-aburaya.com
Aburaya Annex Nagomitei
Nagomitei is an annex of Aburaya, and all rooms have an open-air bath. You can fully enjoy the open-air bath overlooking the Sea of Japan without worrying about your surroundings. The open-air bath can be used 24 hours a day, so you can enjoy the open-air bath at night while gazing at the perfect starry sky and offshore fishing fires. On sunny mornings, soak in the open-air bath while basking in the morning sun rising from the Sea of Japan.
Meals can be enjoyed in your room using seasonal ingredients such as fresh seafood purchased from fishermen and Kyoto vegetables selected by a vegetable sommelier. In addition to the cold yellowtail course and puffer fish course, you can enjoy Matsuba crab in the winter season, so you can spend the best time with hot springs and gourmet food.
- Access：From Kyoto/Osaka, get off at Amanohashidate Station on the Kyoto Tango Railway → 50 minutes by route bus from Amanohashidate Station to Ine (Pick-up available to Ine bus stop, free shuttle bus available at 14:40 from Amanohashidate Station and at 10:00 the next morning [required] advance reservation])
- Official HP：https://www.nagomitei.com
An inn limited to one group per day
There are many funaya inns in Ine Town that are limited to one group per day. You can enjoy the best location slowly without worrying about your surroundings.
“Funaya no Yado Kura” is a modern inn that was built in the early Showa period and is a renovated funaya house, limited to one group per day. The first floor is the dining room, and the second floor is the guest room. Both rooms on the second floor can be used, so it is recommended for family trips and group trips with two households. The ceiling beams of the guest rooms are left as they were when they were used as funaya.
The bath next to the room is equipped with a Shigaraki ware bathtub, so you can enjoy bath time while looking out at the boathouses of Ine outside the window. If you open the window, you can enjoy the feeling of an open-air bath while feeling the pleasant sea breeze.
Basically, it is a year-round plan without meals, but only in winter you can choose a plan with dishes such as “Ine yellowtail course” and “live crab course”.
- Address：863-1 Kamejima, Ine-cho, Yosa-gun, Kyoto Prefecture
- Access：From Kinki Tango Railway “Amanohashidate Station”, transfer to the fixed-route bus (Tango Kairiku Kotsu) “Ine-Kamairi-Kyogamisaki Line (bound for Ukawa Onsen Yoshino no Sato)” for about 59 minutes → Get off at the bus stop “Ine Yubinkyoku-mae” and walk 8 minutes
- Official HP：http://www.ine-kura.com
Wako is an inn that is limited to one group per day and is located on the second floor of a funaya house built in the Taisho period. On the 1st floor, the ramp used to tow the boat remains as it is, so you can relax and enjoy the view of Ine Bay. While the guest rooms have a modern atmosphere, they still retain the architectural style of the time, so you can enjoy an extraordinary feeling.
Wako’s accommodation plan is without meals, so you will use a nearby restaurant for meals. Rooms are equipped with TVs, microwaves, and Wi-Fi. How about fully enjoying your trip to Ine-machi at Wako, which still retains the vestiges of its time as a funaya house?
- Address：276-1, 276-3 Kameshima, Ine-cho, Yosa-gun, Kyoto Prefecture
- Access：50 minutes by bus from Kyoto Tango Railway Amanohashidate Station
- Official HP：https://ine-wako.com/index.html
There are probably many people who say, “If you’re going to stay in Ine, you want to have an experience that’s unique to Ine.” Next, we will introduce the experience-based inns in Ine.
Funaya Inn Taisei
Funaya no Yado Taisei is an inn run by a fisherman. Meals are served only in the morning, and you can enjoy freshly caught fish. There is a parking space for hotel guests, so it will be convenient for those who visit Ine by car.
Since it is a fisherman’s inn, it is also possible to experience small set net fishing. If you would like to experience fishing in Ine, how about staying at Funaya no Oyado Taisei?
- Address：1017 Kamejima, Ine-cho, Yosa-gun, Kyoto Prefecture
- Access：Get off at the bus stop “Ine Post Office”
- Official HP：https://www.ine-kankou.jp/inn/taisei
Located right in front of the Ine fishing port in the middle of the Ine boathouses, Ine Kaishuku Funane is a 75-year-old private house that has been renovated. While retaining the old style, the water facilities are equipped with the latest, so you can relax comfortably. You can choose a room without meals or a plan with breakfast. For dinner, please use a nearby restaurant.
At Funane, you can often hear the sounds of ships departing early in the morning and the chirping of birds. After the boat returns, you can buy fish and tour the fishing port like the locals do.
Also, in order to enjoy the life of Ine more, you can rent a fishing rod (nobe rod) for free per group, so you can experience beach fishing. The inn is a renovated fisherman’s house, so it is not a funaya house, but it is recommended for those who want to experience the life of Ine.
- Address：610-9 Hirata, Ine-cho, Yosa-gun, Kyoto Prefecture
- TEL：090 – 3992 7972
- Access：1 minute walk from the bus stop “Ine Gyoko Mae”
- Official HP：https://www.ine-kankou.jp/inns
Ine Stay Tokiwa
Ine Stay Tokiwa, with the concept of “traveling like living”, is a lodging facility that utilizes an old private house in the Ine area. Check-in is at the Ine Town Tourist Information Center. You will be able to fully enjoy the charm of Ine, as it will support the enjoyment of your trip through “food, experiences, exchanges, and a comfortable stay” in cooperation with surrounding restaurants, businesses, and residents.
An optional e-bike tour is available exclusively for Ine Stay guests. A guide will guide you through the funaya houses and farming villages on an electric assisted bicycle, so it is recommended for those who want to experience Ine in depth.
Even though it is an old private house, it is equipped with air conditioning such as floor heating, a toilet with a shower, and a sofa, so you will be able to stay comfortably. Since it is a plan without meals, please use the surrounding restaurants for meals.
- Address：538 Hirata, Ine-cho, Yosa-gun, Kyoto Prefecture
- Official HP：https://www.ine-kankou.jp/inn/tokiwa2
Restaurant in Ine Town
Many of the accommodation facilities in Ine Town only offer meals without meals or breakfast, so please use nearby restaurants for meals.
「Funaya Restaurant」（closed on Tuesday）or at a nearby store.
Please check the regular holidays before using. Some restaurants require reservations, so be sure to make a reservation in advance.
- 「Hyoshirou」（closed on Thursday）
- 「Yoshimura」（※require reservation）
- 「Nagisa」（※require reservation）
- 「Wadatsumi」（closed on Wednesday）
- 「Ine Ichii」（closed on Thursday/Sunday）
- 「Uranagimaru」（closed on Monday~Thursday）
We have introduced accommodation facilities in Ine Town, divided into “Onsen”, “Limited to one group per day”, and “Experience type”. Did you find an inn that you would like to stay at? Many lodging facilities have the ocean right in front of you, so you can spend a comfortable time feeling the sea breeze. Stay in Ine and experience life close to the sea.